26 Mar 2024

Welcome

Latest News - April 2024

Lots to report on this year.

SHOWS

First up I am exhibiting as part of York Open Studios for 2024 once more. I have a lot of new work that I look forward to showing for the first time. Feedback from people is always very helpful to me, so come along and tell me what you think.
It is at my studio at Hob Moor Drive in York. This year I exhibit with artist Gail Fox for the first time; it should make for a good show.
Our preview, to which you are welcome, is from 18.00 - 21.00 on Friday April 12.

Then in June I am exhibiting as part of North Yorkshire Open Studios for the first time. This event the entire county of Yorkshire, and so has a very different feel to the York event. I shall be exhibiting solo, so the show will be different to the York Open Studios event. Again I shall have a preview on Friday May 31st from 18.00 - 21.00. So I hope to see you at one event or the other.


BOOKS

My first two books are still available, and will be on sale at both Open Studio events.
  • The Yorkshire Wolds Works from my published photo-essay on this magical land. 

  • Spirit of Elmet is my latest photo essay published in June 2021. Click this tab for images from the book and details of how to order a copy.

Available direct from the author, via Amazon , or from Friargate Friends Meeting House in York.

My third book, "Rules Broken, Work Collected" is due for publication later this year. 

NEW WORK

A preview of some of the work I shall be showing for the first time this year.
Fragile

Starburst

Higher Ground

Goal

Tree Bridge Water
Flying Grass

Gash 1

Gash 2



Latest News - May 2023


This year, for the first time, I am exhibiting as part of Saltaire Open Village 
saltaireinspired.org.uk/events/saltaire-arts-trail/saltaire-arts-trail-2023/open-village-2023/
which runs on
Saturday May 27th
Sunday May 28th
Bank Holiday Monday May 29th
from 10am to 5pm each day.
I shall be with other artists at
Wharf Street Studios, Block A Shipley Wharf
BD17 7DW

It is a great event and I am pleased to be in such a fantastic venue.
A selection of new work and old favourites will be on show, together with both my books (on the Wolds and Elmet)
I do hope to see you there.
Download a map of the venues (I am at venue 2) www.saltaireinspired.org.uk/app/uploads/2023/04/Map-2023-download.pdf 


I am a photographer. Spread across the pages of the website are examples of my work.
Click on the tabs above for more examples and information about:
  • Photo of the Week with text description lands every Monday on this website tab, as well as on Facebook (Simon Palmour), Twitter @palmour and Instagram (lenoirlenoir)
  • Spirit of Elmet is my latest photo essay published in June 2021. Click this tab for images from the book and details of how to order a copy.

  • Virtual Exhibition I ran a virtual show in April of both 2020 and 2021 during the pandemic. 
  • Fine Art Prints Limited editions available for purchase. Sand (to the right) is an example.
  • The Yorkshire Wolds Works from my published photo-essay on this magical land. 
Available direct from the author or via Amazon 

  • The Walk. Images from a 200 day mountain walk across Europe made in 1984.
  • Portrait Commissions. Examples of portraits I have been commissioned to produce, as well as details of how to commission a portrait of your own.
  • Tuition. Details of Personalised Photography Workshops that can be tailored to your needs.
  • Ordering. Details of prices and how to order my work in a variety of sizes and formats.
  • News Archive - Previous announcements on exhibitions, publications et al.


1 comment: